Travel Dreaming? These Caribbean Hotels are Already Offering On-Site Pre-Departure COVID 19 Tests
What do SLS Baha Mar*, St. Lucia’s Bay Gardens Beach Resort and Aruba’s Divi Phoenix Beach Resort all have in common?
Apart from being Caribbean resorts we’ve visited, loved and even featured on our travel travel blog, they are among the growing list of Caribbean hotels and resorts that are offering the convenience of on-site COVID testing.
Now that CDC orders are in effect requiring ALL air passengers age two and up departing from international destinations en route to the U.S. (yep, that means from the Caribbean too) to show proof of a recent (3 days) negative COVID-19 viral test before boarding their return flight, on-site COVID testing may be one of the most sought after hotel amenities.
We’ve pooled info from recent travel articles and directly from hotel and resort websites to provide you a sample listing of Caribbean accommodations offering COVID-19 testing on site. Direct links to their COVID-19 info is provided whenever possible. Keep in mind, the list is subject to change based on the impact of COVID both locally and internationally and that some hotels and resorts charge a fee for testing.
We don’t expect many of you to be traveling right now (we’re not). But if you’re like us, you’ll file this away as the must-have hotel amenity to include in your future travel plans.
Some Caribbean Hotels Offering COVID-19 Testing (subject to change):
- Anguilla: Belmond Cap Juluca
- Antigua: Curtain Bluff, Hermitage Bay, Royalton Antigua
- Aruba: Divi Resorts. Also MedCare and MedLab can coordinate to offer testing at Aruba hotel accommodations.
- The Bahamas: The Ocean Club – a Four Seasons Resort, Grand Hyatt Baha Mar, SLS Baha Mar (*SLS Baha Mar is scheduled to reopen March 2021)
- Dominican Republic: Karisma Hotels, La Colección Resorts, Palladium Hotel Group, The Westin Punta Cana Resort & Club
- Grenada: Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel
- Jamaica: Many hotels in Jamaica, including Couples, Karisma Hotels, Palladium Hotel Group, RIU, Royalton Luxury Resorts and Sandals offer COVID testing
- Puerto Rico: Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve
- St Lucia: Anse Chastanet; all five Bay Gardens properties; Calabash Cove Resort and Spa; Caille Blanc Villa and Hotel; Cap Maison Resort and Spa; Coconut Bay Beach Resort and Spa; Jade Mountain; Ladera Resort; Marigot Bay Resort and Marina; Mystique Saint Lucia, Sandals Resorts in Saint Lucia; Serenity at Coconut Bay; Sugar Beach – A Viceroy Resort; Stonefield Villa Resort and Ti Kaye Resort and Spa.
- St. Maarten: Divi Resorts
- Turks and Caicos: Amanyara, Club Med Turkoise, COMO Parrot Cay Resort, Grace Bay Club Resort, The Palms, Sailrock Resort, The Sands at Grace Bay, Seven Stars, The Shore Club
- Sandals and Beaches resorts (free to guests until March 31, 2021), a number of Hilton, Hyatt and Marriott Resorts
For the most up to date information, be sure to check directly with the hotel, government travel advisories and media outlets such as Travel Agent Central and Essence Magazine who have published informative articles. For their full stories, head to Hotels And Destinations Offering COVID Testing In Response To CDC Order and These 10 Caribbean Resorts Will Offer COVID-19 Testing In Response To New US Re-Entry Requirement
Details on COVID-19 travel advisories can be found through the CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html
Ready to explore more Caribbean beaches, culture, sailing and rum? Then join us as we look back on our favorite travel memories, plan for new adventures and share tips that’ll inspire your Caribbean dreams NOW and your Caribbean travel LATER.
Hashtags: #wegetitin, #exploremoreCaribbean
Follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter